A Geographer @ William and Mary
- Office: ISC 1269 (Lab: ISC 1109)
- Office Hours: By Appointment (Spring 2019)
- Office Phone: 1-757-221-1970
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: http://DanRunfola.github.io
- Mailing Address:
- Department of Applied Science
- College of William and Mary
- Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795, USA
Dan Runfola is an assistant professor of Applied Science at William and Mary. His research focuses on the intersection between large-scale spatial data, measurement imprecision, simulation and machine learning. Additionally, he leads the GeoQuery research project, a joint Ph.D. and undergraduate lab which develops new geocomputational methods for the processing of large-scale spatial datasets in highly parallelized environments.
Student Advising and Research
- Undergraduates interested in working on research projects involving spatial data retrieval, simulation and analysis during their time at William and Mary can visit my research group’s website to learn more about research opportunities. You can also apply to be a member of the lab at the bottom of the student page.
- Students interested in pursuing a degree in Data Science are encouraged to reach out to me via email to setup an appointment to discuss their options and career pathways.
- Students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. degree in Computational Geography or Geospatial Analytics are encouraged to reach out to me - I recruit new Ph.D. students frequently to support new research projects, and select studnets based on fit with ongoing activities. Email is encouraged, but you can also find me at a number of academic and professional conferences!